Sunday, September 16, 2007

Our big adventure

Two weeks ago Quin and I went on our first really vacation since our honeymoon. As most of you know, we traveled a LOT our first year of marriage with all the craziness of Quin's job, but most of it was not fun and definitely not a vacation. Amanda and Andy blessed Evelyn over labor day weekend so on Saturday, Quin and I woke very early (3 in the morning) and drove to Burbank (that is where the film Jeopardy, one of my favorite show) and hopped on an airplane to Utah. We spent Saturday night with my parents and Sunday Evelyn was blessed. After the blessing we drove to Idaho (I don't know why but the stretch of road between Ogden and Idaho Falls feels like forever) and visited with Quin's family. Sadly we left Idaho Falls less than 24 hours after we got there. We drove back to Ogden and spent the night with my parents. The next day was my birthday (yea!!) and my family went to lunch. That night we flew back to California and went to Disneyland for the rest of the week. Quin started coming down with something when we left Anaheim and was down for the count for a few days. We all know how considerate Quin is and he didn't want me to feel left out so he shared it with me and I have been sick for the past few days. Well that is the summary. I am going to be posting pics over the next few days and will fill in the details as I go along.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making the effort to come see us. Of course, I always wish it could be longer.