Sunday, September 30, 2007

Dizzyland!!!

On my birthday, we were supposed to fly back to Burbank (where our car was parked) and then drive to Anaheim (where Disneyland is). It wasn't that simple. There was a MASSIVE rain storm in Utah and all the flights were grounded and those in the air were put in a holding pattern, including the airplane we were supposed to be on. The plane eventually ran low on fuel and had to fly to Las Vegas to refuel (where we were supposed to change planes). So we watched our flight leave us in the Salt Lake airport. There was NO way we were going to make our connecting flight. I had visions of spending the night of my birthday in the airport! Fortunately, Quin wasn't going to take NO for an answer. He got us on a flight to Los Angeles (only thirty miles from Burbank). We then shared a limo with a guy who was going in that direction. The limo dropped us off at our car and we drove to our hotel in Anaheim. The next day, we went to Disneyland!Our first day at the park! We slept in a little because we had had so much fun the day before. It was kind of neat because my first time to Disneyland was on my ninth birthday and 16 years later, almost to the day, Quin went for his first time. This picture is at the entrance. Notice the great bag! my parents got it for me for my birthday.
Here we are in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle.
We went to Lilo and Stitch's Aloha Breakfast. We got lais and learned how to hula and played around with the characters, it was great!

Quin was perfectly dressed for the occasion!




One of the coolest rides was Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. It was like being in a video game, It was SO much fun! You get those little blasters and you try to shoot Zurg. As you can see, Quin was a little bit better at it than I was.

We took a ride around on a paddle boat called the "Mark Twain" it was really pretty!
This is the view of the stroller parking from the Mark Twain. This shot really doesn't do it justice as to how many strollers are in the park.

Not a great picture of us (especially me), but Quin was trying to snap it as the Disneyland Train was pulling up.

This is an action shot, we were on the teacups spinning when we took this. Turned out pretty good.

Quin on the Carousel


This is the Sleeping Beauty carousel, it kind of means a lot to me. I didn't get to go on it the first time I was there because my cousin Jonathan wanted to go on It's a Small World again and he is an only child and gets everything he wants even though it was my birthday. Anyway, I was glad to go on it with Quin!

These two pictures are probably our favorite from the trip. We were just goofing around in this building called Innovations. It is full of the latest technology you can try out. Apparently these cardboard cutouts are cutting edge.


This guy was amazing! If I didn't know better, I would have sworn Captain Jack Sparrow had stepped out of the movie. We were coming back from Pirates Island when he stepped on the raft with us. He looked like him, he sounded like him, and acted like him, it was awesome! He even performed an impromtu marriage on the raft for a couple of guests (he is a captain and can do that when you are at sea). We are still talking about how amazing and believable he was!

Our final night ended in a spectacular fireworks show, Quin was even impressed. It was a great trip and we are so glad that we were able to see our families and to have such a fun experience.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't sense ANY resentment towards spoiled rotten Jonathan. Looks like TONS of fun. I can't wait until we actually get there with our kids.