Monday, September 10, 2007

Evelyn

When I went up for Jessica's wedding, I met my newest niece, Evelyn. At the time she was only three weeks old. I am very smitten with her and could not stop holding her. I took a ton of pictures and now three weeks later I am posting them.

Here I am holding Evelyn. For Jessica's reception, we dressed her in a super cute outfit that Quin's mom and sisters got for her.

Here is a little better photo of the outfit. Also, note the fact that my sister just had a baby and she looks great.

The very proud grandma
The proud grandparents

Check out the blanket, I made that for Evelyn, again, with the help of my ever talented friend, Stacie

Me sewing the blanket
The full blanket
A close up of the blanket
I know that I am tooting my own horn a bit, but I am very pleased with it. I had to sew it twice, the first time I had to unpick all the seams and start over.


My dad makes me laugh. He is Crazy about Evelyn! It really is cute. I was burping her one night and he was so concerned that I was doing it too hard. If he had been doing it, he would have barely touched her.
My dad with his babies
Evelyn is going to think that her name is "Little one." You just can't help yourself. Whenever any of us are holding her, we always say in singsongy voice "hello, Little one."

Evelyn loves bath time. She even has a rubber ducky, you can kind of see it in the mirror.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some proud grandparent smiles if I've ever seen them.

Elena said...

What a cute little baby doll! Amanda does look great!