Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pet Peeve of the Day

I have had a long standing dislike of people saying "I could care less!" When they really mean "I couldn't care less!" If you say "I could care less" you mean that you have some feeling toward the manner in question. If you say "I couldn't care less" you mean that there is no feeling toward the manner. If you have some feeling toward the manner than usually saying "I could care less" is completely asinine! Normally I just keep quiet and sit and stew in my smug little way, but lately I have heard this a lot. I heard it on the Fox Cable Network the other day by an individual who has his own show. Then today I heard it in a song. Come on people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog made me care a little about the saying "I could care less", but now I think I could care less about the saying, "I could care less."

Natalie and Quin said...

Good then my job is done! :-)