Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thanksgiving

This was mine and Quin's first Thanksgiving all by ourselves, so we wanted to go all out and have a big meal with everything. We invited a few friends from work, Budge and Jana Tungate and their sons Jaden, Rohan, and Xander, and Amr and his son, Begad (I don't know their last name). Thanks to Jana for the pics. Sadly because she was the photographer, we didn't get any of her.

The Thanksgiving table, we used paper plates and disposable utensils, clean up was a breeze, it was great!

Dinner was an hour later than I had planned (which I hear is typical) so the kids (Rowan in the front with Begad and Jaden in the back) played with Quin's toys.

Xander played a game while Amr watched.

Here I am fighting potatoes. I look mad, but I am really just concentrating. Potatoes can be tough opponents.

Quin and Budge carving the turkey. Quin smoked a turkey and Budge brought a deep fried one. They were both delicious. You might notice Quin's fancy clothes. I have learned the secret to getting Quin to dress nicely is to make sure all of his other clothes are dirty. He wore his only clean pair of pants to smoke the turkey so he was forced to wear slacks, which I did not mind at all!

After dinner we finished with pumpkin pie and ice cream. I made my first pumpkin pie, it was so fun!

Looks like the turkey got to Jaden.

We had such a great time. We were sad we couldn't be with family, but we had a fun adventure!

2 comments:

Deidra Smith said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. And way to go on your first solo Thanksgiving. It is definately a little stressful, but totally worth it when you have appreicative dinner guests!

Michael said...

we saw a picture of a friend Monte Priebe on your entry of last year's halloween party. could you help us reconnect with this friend? we are Michael and Martha Hirt of Fairbanks, Alaska. Mike's email is mjhirt@gmail.com. Monte and Mike were mission companions in Austria in 1971. thanks, martha and mike