Sunday, July 29, 2007

My first year at Girls Camp.


The Meadows Ward 2007 Girls Campers
Well, this was my first year to go to the Church's annual girls camp, even if it was only Friday night and not the whole week. It is much different than the scout camps that I am used to. There is way more hugging and emotions!!! Although someone did accidentally cut their friend with a pocket knife, which made me feel more at home. The other "interesting" injury (there is always a good "interesting" injuries when working with the scouts) was some girl got glow stick juice in her eye when trying to wear it as eyeshadow. Overall it was really pretty fun!

This is a picture of Natalie defending us from nature (swattin' at flies).


I spent most of my time in the kitchen area and helping run the zipline.

Byron McArthur was the main zipline supervisor.

Byron's turn.

We made Natalie wear a helmet so she wouldn't hurt herself.

See what I mean?!









This is Jennifer McArthur. She is the naughty one that taught the girls how to make the zipline more thrilling.
Amber McArthur applying her older sister's teachings.


Sister McKeon the Stake young women's president.

Hannah Dartnell ziplining it.


I had a bag of gummy O's that melted in the car, so I gave the re-solidified Log-O-Gummy to Hannah and her friend Aly. It was hilarious to watch them take turns gnawing on it. I believe it is the longest that I have ever seen them go without talking.

Hannah (green shirt) and Aly (wearing helmet) still gnawing away.

From left to right: Sister Shelly Carter, Darian, Natalie, and Cassidy eating breakfast on the last day of camp. Cassidy was sporting the bed-head hairdo quite well.



And we finished off the trip with the traditional McNally's Burger lunch.

3 comments:

Elena said...

Oh boy! Looks like way too much fun.

Kade said...

Did you feel like you fit in better at girls camp than scout camp?

Anonymous said...

This year will be my first year at girl's camp. I hope i have fun!!