Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A big weekend

Quin, Cameron, and I traveled North this year for Thanksgiving. I hate being so far away because it means that we have to spend two days of our holiday traveling instead of spending them relaxing with our families. It's worth it, we love being with our families. This trip was extra special though, there were lots of big events and firsts for Cameron.

~It was his first car ride. We weren't sure how well he would travel especially for so long, but he did great, he slept most of the way there.

~It was his first Thanksgiving, except his came a few hours after everyone else ate and was a little milky.

~He met many new family members: cousins, aunts, uncles. Lots of new people to look at. When his cousin Kate saw him she said "It so pretty" then she realized her mistake because he was a boy and corrected herself, "It so handsome." Ha! We're not sure who was more excited to see him, there was some serious talk about about who was going to keep him, but in the end we won.

~He was given a name and a blessing(for my non-LDS friends that is kinda like a christening). My mom made a super cute little blessing outfit and since we were so far from our own ward, we held it at Quin's parent's house. We would have loved to have lots of friends and family there, but it was really neat and sacred to have such an intimate setting.





~He got his first haircut. We have probably heard "look at that hair" a few hundred times. Cameron came out needing a haircut. I wasn't quite ready for my baby to get his first haircut (I think I was like 3 before I had one and I did it myself), but I wanted his Aunt Mimi to cut it instead of some stranger, so we did it while we were up there. She cut probably an inch off the sides and back and trimmed up the top. She did a good job, he looks like a little boy now instead of a little baby. I miss his crazy baby hair, looking at pictures makes me a little sad.


We were so sad to leave, but we had a great and memorable weekend!

3 comments:

Dad said...

I to am sad that you had to leave. It was so good to see you guys again I miss you Love dad

Elena said...

That bottom picture of you holding him is gorgeous. Amanda did such a great job on photos! So glad you made the drive so we could meet the handsome little it. LOL!

Tonya said...

Natalie I love the picture of you holding him... It is so beautiful. What a fun weekednd. I only wish I lived a little closer to have met him. AHH his first haircut....

But most of all I am glad Callie was able to get ahold of Quin to give him a funny reindeer.

Speaking of which. She loves the cat he gave. She was trying to save of to be able to purchase him.