Friday, October 16, 2009

Welcome to the World!!!


He is finally here!!! Cameron D. Smith made his grand debut on Oct 13, 2009, at 7:45 pm. He weighed in at 8 lb 4.5 oz and was 21 inches long. He has a head FULL of hair (as you can see from the pictures), which won over many of the nurses.


The bellow the night of the 12th

Before drugs.

After drugs. "Just say yeessss"

Here are the Newborn Intensive Care guys cleaning his lungs of any Meconium poisoning. The hoses made his sinuses swell up and he was having a hard time breathing so we stayed in the hospital an extra night just to be safe.

Meeting Mom for the first time.


He looks just like his Dad



Absolute cuteness!!!
First family photo.



No I am not choking him. Every time I burp him he falls asleep with his chin resting in my hand. It is so cute the way he just goes completely limp.


Cameron has fun hair to style. He almost needs a haircut.



The following pictures are Quin's baby pictures. Quite an uncanny resemblance.

9 lb 7 oz and 23 inches long (also 4 days late). Just a bit meatier than Cameron.



Those are some rocking chops. When will the hair styles of the 70's make their triumphant return?

13 comments:

Grammy said...

Yes, absolute cuteness. Seems like I've seen that hairstyle once before Quin was holding another baby. Hmmmm....

Grammy said...

*when Quin (left out Quin)

Lena's Blog said...

What great pictures! Thanks for sharing these! What does the D stand for? Maybe "Don't mess with me? or "Dilbert?" "Doug?" "Derek? I have a D. middle name for my Bubba too! Congrats Nat! You looked good through all of it!

Natalie and Quin said...

The D. stands for David Smith and Garth D Thornock. It can also stand for Dynamite, Danger (how awesome is it that he can say "Danger IS my middle name"), or Diabinho Loiro (in Brasil I was often called Diabo Loiro which is blonde devil, Diabinho Loiro means Little Blond Devil).

Jessica said...

Super Awesome!! I was thinking how much he looked like Quin even before I got to his baby photos. What a darling, fabulous head of hair he has. I'm so jealous, I've always hoped my babies will have a good set of hair, his is amazing! Love the "this is natalie, this is natalie on drugs" comparison. I wish I was there to bring you some dinner!

Amanda Rigby said...

Diabinho Loiro definitely fits my darling little nephew.

Michele said...

What an adorable baby boy!! We are so happy for you. You make a beautiful family and we miss you......The Carter's

Deidra Smith said...

Soooo glad he is here, just said that he will be past that adorable new born stage before we see him:( Make sure to post lots of pics!

Deidra Smith said...

I'm struggling with typos just like grammy . that should have said sad not said:)

Tonya said...

I am sooooo excited and happy for you all. He is a true doll baby. I can tell he is going to give dad a run for king of the hill.

I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing it is so fun to be able to see it all. Kisses to everyone.

Torman said...

Congratulations!!!!! Oh Man I should have never looked at this post...can I be baby hungry already? He is so stinkin cute!!! NO, Dave I am not talking about you, although those sideburns are pretty cool.

Kamala said...

Congratulations Natalie and Quin. What an adorable baby! I love his hair. He does look like Quin's baby pictures :)

Anna said...

Hey Quin, remember me... Anna Goodnow? I found your blog through Jeff McClellans. Your wife and little boy are so beautiful. Congrats! We just had our second boy in May. It's good to see life is going good for you. I just made our blog private, but if you want to check it out(in case you can't remember who the heck I am) You can e-mail me at atsperry@gmail.com and I'll send an invite. Take Care!