Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh how embarassing!

So yesterday I was walking through the parking lot into the grocery store when I walked past a lady loading her groceries into her car. Two of the buttons in the middle of her shirt had come undone. The wind was blowing her shirt open and you could see her unmentionables. I had one of those moments were you are caught between telling a stranger about something personal and slightly embarrassing and minding your own business. She was probably in her sixties and probably not the type who would want the world to see her goods so I decided to tell her. When I was done, I wasn't sure if I had done the right thing. She seemed glad, but who really enjoys finding out that they have been exposing themselves. So what do you think? Did I do the right thing? Would you have wanted me to tell you? I keep wondering if I would want someone to tell me.

5 comments:

Deidra Smith said...

As embarrassing as that is, I prefer to know sooner rather than later-you may have saved her from sharing with even more people as she finished her errands:) But, ya those situations are always a little awkward.

Jessica said...

That's such a hard one. I want to say I would want some generous person to tell me, but at the same time I can't help but wonder if I found out after I sat down by myself in the car, if it would be easier wondering if anyone really saw it.

Quin's mom said...

I'm torn. I can see both sides. So, I really don't know what to tell you.

Nat's mom said...

I wouldn't mind if a nice young woman told me, but I definitely would be embarrassed if it was a guy.

Natalie and Quin said...

I agree with you all all of these thoughts ran through my mind as I contemplated telling her or not.