Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thanksgiving 2007

Apparently we have been neglectful in updating our blog, so I thought I would post our pictures from Thanksgiving (especially since we have had a request for this one).
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving, Quin and I loaded up the car and drove 800 miles to my sisters house in SLC. For some reason, I really wanted to go on a car trip and was really excited to go. I forgot however that, I have a really short attention span and don't particularly like LONG car rides. This one felt like it was particularly long! SO, I guess I got it out of my system.
We got to her house at like two in the morning and instead of going to bed like sane rational people, the two of us stayed up talking forever (amazingly Quin went right to bed, I usually have to fight him, it's like making a 6 foot 230 pound two year old go to sleep). On Thanksgiving Quin and I got up and drove to my parent's house where Quin proceeded to try to smoke a turkey. Usually there is a lot of sitting around waiting for food on Thanksgiving, so Quin and I tried to keep ourselves preoccupied:

I put my mom's wig on top of my hair and the color matched amazingly well. I walked around talking like a hick about how I was going to go to a bar-b-que with my big pouffy hair.
Yes, I am holding a baby and a beer (empty bottle) because the two go together don't they?


This is actually the day after Thanksgiving and Quin hadn't shaven in a few days.

I just wanted to see if I could put cotton all over Quin's face. He really didn't want to do it, but I make Quin do a lot of things that he doesn't want to do, like floss, get man pretty, and satisfy my whims such as this one.
I like this one because it shows how pretty his eyes are

THE BIG JUDD

Almost since the beginning of Quin and I dating I have heard about "The Big Judd." It's this burger place up in Idaho that if you eat the above pictured burger, you get your picture on the wall for a year. If you eat the double, you get your picture on for life. I have always wondered if I could do it. So the Saturday after Thanksgiving we went up to Idaho and decided to finally go to Big Judd's. Unfortunately, I didn't come prepared to eat that much cow and didn't do it, but never say never, I may some day get my picture on the wall.
It was a pretty good burger, throw in fries and an Ironport soda and you have yourself a pretty good meal. (You also have the makings of a big butt and a heart attack, but I try not to think about that too much.)
I am not sure what Emily is doing here

Quin's parents enjoying their burgers (they did not get the Big Judd)

KATE'S 2ND BIRTHDAY

Elena postponed celebrating Kate's birthday for a week so we could be there for the party (which was sooooo awesome because we are so sad that we always miss everything). When Elena's older kids asked why they were waiting a week to have Kate's birthday party, Elena told them it was so we could be there for her party. Their response: Uhhh, how come Kate gets to have Natalie and Quin at her birthday party??? HA, I love it! Nice to know we are liked. A super cute picture of Alyssa, Kate, and Halle

The Utah/BYU game was that Saturday. Unfortunately Quin's team lost, but it was still fun joking around.
Quin, Halle, and Alyssa we joking around and sticking one of those pool noodles in their pants, down each leg and running around. The girls thought it was the funniest thing they have ever done, and I will have to admit we were all rolling on the ground. They looked like they had big ol' butts and bow legs. It was hilarious


I got one good picture of Kate in her dress up clothes. We got her dress up clothes because she loves to dress up and we thought, hey why fight it. Quin wanted to get her a red cheerleader outfit, but we didn't think Jarom would let her wear it.



2 comments:

Elena said...

Oh my word! This post is just chalked full of great shots! I laughed right out loud at the pictures of the girls. I had totally forgotten about that. So glad you finally posted all of this. It was funny too, cause in the 1st picture of Nat's hair, she's holding a soda, and I thought, "she needs a beer" and low-and-behold, you got one!!

Anonymous said...

That was a good catch-up. I wanted to see that picture of Natalie eating the Big Jud. It was worth the wait. And I agree with Elena, the pictures of the girls were hilarious. Thanks for posting, I enjoy getting to be part of your life even if it is vicariously.