Monday, January 21, 2008

The perseverance award

Back in October (which, is when we started this post, but had some technical difficulties) Quin's work sponsored a golf tournament. Other than the mini kind, I had never played before and Quin had only played a few times. So of course Quin signed us up. I was not excited at all (Quin says I was disgruntled, but I don't remember that)! I finally agreed to go on the condition that if at lunchtime I wanted to go, we were out of there. I had such a blast that by lunchtime, leaving was the farthest thing from my mind.


Here we are before we first teed off. Another condition of me going was that I got to drive the golf cart.
Quin doesn't like this picture, he calls it his Jaba the Hut impersonation picture.
The Fantastic Four--we were teamed with Kirk and Dmitri, they were so nice and a lot of fun.


Quin pretending to sink a putt

This was after I had actually sunk the putt. We played "best ball' where you hit it from the best spot from your team. Here we got a birdie, which was a hole in two thanks to yours truly.

Quin played with SpongeBob SquarePants golf balls (you can kind of see it flying by the trees). One of the things that made the day so great was that Quin would hang out of the cart while I would floor it and try to grab our balls as we cruised by. One time I hit a bump right as he was reaching for it. He went flying out of the cart. Fortunately his ninja training took over and he rolled and was not hurt. The best part was, we were around a ton of his co-workers, they were talking about it for weeks.

The day was great for golf, not too hot, not too cold. The sky was clear and blue (quite a rarity for Bakersfield, usually you cannot see the sky, no joke)!!! To top it all off, T.J. Cross gave us these great matching shirts with their logo on them.

Look at my mad skills, I believe that went like 5 yards!

We had a great day! We are now golf addicts, Quin even went out and bought us clubs. Who knows, maybe we will have to go pro.





This is a video of my first time teeing off in the tournament


We won the perseverance award, which sounds good, but it actually means that we got last place, but they gave us these great big nice duffel bags and hats with the T.J. Cross logo on them. Hey better last place with stuff than 2nd to last with nada.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad Jaba got in that WAY cute picture of Natalie. (hee-hee) I would have paid money to see Quin fly out of the cart!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I thought that was a funny story too. Ha!

The Wessman Family said...

I'm very impressed! Mike likes golfing quite a bit, but I'm still scared of it...